I always love to look at what Kate puts on for her list every week, hoping that I will instantly know if it's one I want to do. I like to try and participate as much as I can (because I love the idea, I love a list) but I don't always as sometimes I just stare at the screen blankly and nothing springs to mind. Or it might not be my cup of tea, which is fair enough. This week however, is a chosen one...
So here are my top five decisions I am glad I made:
1. Not going straight to University like the majority of my friends did. Well actually I did move away at 18 to do a HND at a college in Torquay (because all my friends were leaving home, why Torquay? they had a course available) but I lasted about two months. Along with three friends I had made there, we all packed up and moved back home. I wanted a job and a car and that's what I got.
2. Deciding to give air hostessing a go (as I still didn't really have any idea of a long term career) and meeting lots of interesting people and visiting some fantastic places. It really made me grow as a person.
3. Making the decision whilst still flying to start training to become a nurse. I had decided at that point that I wanted a stable job and to be grounded (excuse the pun). To do the course I moved away from home (again) to live in a town I had never heard of. I am still here for my sins.
4. After living in the same town for a few years and getting itchy feet (this happened a lot). I landed myself a job working in Sydney. Just around the time I was being interviewed I met a man, so the long and short of it was that I decided to decline the job offer to stay with the new fella (I figured he was worth sticking around for). I ended up marrying him and having our child, this was the best sacrifice I ever made. I always felt I wasn't meant to go and funnily enough have no urge to visit the country now.
5. This last one I will save for the unknown. We have plans to move abroad for a year or more, a complete change for us and a wonderful start for our son. This will by far be the biggest decision yet.
Take a look at all the other entries over on Kate Takes Five...