Sunday 17 April 2011

The Guardian Q & A

I have been tagged not once but twice by the very lovely Super Amazing Mum and Mummy, Daddy and me makes three! for The Guardian Q & A meme.

This meme is certainly doing the rounds, its taken me all afternoon copying it over and changing the fonts, let alone answering the questions! Great idea though and clever way to find out more about fellow bloggers.


So here goes with the questions...

Which living person do you most admire, and why?
My Mum, she was always going to be my answer here. Purely because she is there no matter what and now I am a Mum I understand so much more what she has done for me. I am full of admiration for her and putting up with someone who is not grateful for who she is.
When were you happiest?
When I think back to happy times, I always remember the carefree times when I was about 16-17 and in the sixth form at school. Besides studying, I didn't have a care in the world. Money in my pocket, use of a car, freebie clothes and hotel service (Mum) and lots of nights out. Of course now I am fulfilled but adulthood brings worries...
What was your most embarrassing moment?
Being a student nurse and watching a patient being anaesthetised. The Anaesthetist asked if I was feeling ok (I was feeling rough) and I replied only for him to say that he was speaking to the patient NOT me. His colleague was falling about with laughter and I wanted the ground to swallow me.
Aside from property, what’s the most expensive thing you’ve bought?
My second car which was a little red Clio and I got it on finance, (does that count?) scary at 18!
What is your most treasured possession?
My rings - engagement and wedding ring as well as my Mum's engagement ring she gave me and another of her rings for my 30th.
Where would you like to live?
I want to live somewhere warmer and nearer the sea. We have the option to live in Spain so you never know!
What’s your favourite smell?
You can't beat freshly cut grass for that summer feeling!
Who would play you in the film of your life?
Ooh maybe somebody like Charlize Theron but there again I don't think my life is dramatic enough to warrant her services...
What do you owe your parents?
Lots of gratitude for putting up with me! Mostly for showing me how to stand on my own two feet and to follow my dreams. They moved abroad which I think was very brave and best of all they have made it work and have a fantastic life.
What is your favourite book?
The Island by Victoria Hislop. It's not the best book I have read but it is my favourite as it reminds me of Egypt and lying around the pool. There used to be music playing (the same cd over and over) but there was a really haunting track that fitted the book perfectly. I will never forget it.
What is your most unappealing habit?
Am afraid it has to be nail biting, not to the point they are knawed down to within an inch of their lives but not nice enough to warrant a manicure! I get very excited if a couple of nails grow long enough to have a white bit at the bottom, only for me to chomp away on them in my sleep!
What would be your fancy dress costume of choice?
Now I love fancy dress! but sadly haven't had the opportunity lately. It has to be girly so I would be a St Trinian or the like.
What is your earliest memory?
Hurtling head over heels on a patio and smacking my front tooth out.
What is your guiltiest pleasure?
I have to go with naff tv too, there is nothing better than wasting some time watching cheesy feel good tv. Like 'One Tree Hill', they are all so pretty, rich, slim, have morals and gorgeous houses. Wishful thinking...
To whom would you most like to say sorry, and why?
I can't think of anything I have done particularly that I would want to go back and say sorry for. Of course I have done things to be sorry for but then it's made me who I am now.
What or who is the greatest love of your life?
My husband and son without a doubt.
What does love feel like?
To want to be with someone all the time, second guessing what the other is thinking, having the same dreams and feeling completely at ease with them.
What was the best kiss of your life?
The first time my son walked up and gave me a kiss without me even having to ask!
Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
'Really?' 'As I have probably said before...' (I always cover my back when I am aware I am repeating stories and not sure who I have told).
What is the worst job you’ve done?
Labelling jam jars when I was 15, it was piece rate so the more you did the more you earned! the downside was having to collect crates of jars in the height of summer with wasps swarming everywhere.
If you could change one thing from your past, what would you change?
I would have tried harder at school but it hasn't hampered me now in any way.

What is the closest you’ve come to death?
Quad biking! (only in my head though) see Point 6 here.
What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Having my son, I will always be amazed I grew him!
When did you last cry, and why?
Last week when my sinusitis was so bad my head felt like it was going to burst. So I cried only to make it worse.
How do you relax?
Ideally sitting in the sun, glass of wine in hand with something to read.
What single thing would improve the quality of your life?
A garden would change my life, I kid you not! My sun deprived balcony is doing my head in.
What is the most important lesson life has taught you?
That everything happens for a reason and I am where I am now because of my past. Life is also what you make it and you must take chances in life to make changes.


Now this is the bit where everyone has probably already been tagged and I just want to get this posted otherwise I never will, so I tag:


@NewMumOnline
@MultipleMummy
@TheMummyBean
@jessies_online

6 comments:

  1. Just like you, I miss having a garden, especially with kids! Congratulations for being tagged!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did this today too and the formatting drove me insane!

    Snap on the nail biting!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. aaaaaahhhhhh you tagged me....... haven't been tagged to do this yet. Thanks. I think! :-)

    If I copy yours does that mean the formatting's done for me already?

    Gosh it is a deeeeep questionnaire isn't it.
    I will be delving into myself to find the answers as with some of them, I don't even know MYSELF so will have to dig deep and give some of them some serious thought.

    Liska x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading peoples answers! I hope you get your garden one day! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for tagging me.. I have done mine now and I puprosely did not read yours first, just copied, pasted and deleted your answers so as not to influence mine and it is funny how simiarlities come out! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have given you a bit of an award on my site! Come and have a look! MuMuGB

    ReplyDelete