Friday 1 April 2011

Flashback Friday

So this is my first go at Flashback Friday over at Karin's blog hop on Cafe Bebe...


This photo inspired me as my little boy has just turned two...

I was 3 here and my son has an uncanny resemblance to me in this photo (the one in front of the cake!). This was taken in Lancashire about a year before we moved south. 

There are a whole host of photo's where my sister (in the stripey top) is sporting that funky hairdo. She has untagged herself on facebook because of the shame. Who knows maybe I would have copied her look but I was still very much catching up with my hair. No it wasn't cut short, it had probably only been growing a year and the girl sat next to me is the same age as me. I still have no idea what my chubby cousin (she has said this herself) was propped up on behind the chair. 

I must ask if I was lucky enough not to wear a hand me down dress on my special day, we're talking seven year age gap hand me downs!!

Pop over and have a nosey at everyone else's old snaps!

11 comments:

  1. Ah you're so cute. Aaron looks like me when I was a baby too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tuesday 5th April. 3 days a week.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the old birthday photos!
    Do you think someone is behind that chair holding your cousin up!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, absolutely lovely! I love comparing OUR childhood photos to our CHILDREN'S photos. Amazing isn't it?! ;)

    Thanks so much for linking up to Flashback Friday! Fabulous!

    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post, hand me downs and all. It's great looking back isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. How time passes! We are not getting any younger...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photo, really reminded me of birthday parties in our house when we were small... I am sure I had the same hairstyle as your sister at some point!! Emma

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the new look for the blog. The header is great! Happy Friday! Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Old photos are always so funny! I am a new follower if you don't mind! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw, I love old party pics like this. My Mum and Dad have just dug out their old box of photos from the loft and brought them over for me - I can't wait to see what gems I find.

    Lovely Flashback Friday and I love the hairstyle on your sister...I rocked one of those once too.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hee hee I used to love attending birthday parties - especially getting to eat the party food :0
    Great flashback x

    ReplyDelete