Monday 25 April 2011

Listography - My Wedding

I love this theme over at Kate Takes 5 and is very apt for the Royal Wedding looming. I wonder if Kate Middleton will have any regrets about her day?? Now doesn't everyone think that their wedding is the perfect day? My day was indeed perfect for us but nevertheless there are always things I would change in hindsight.

So here are my top five things I would change about my wedding day..

1. From the start of the planning I knew that I couldn't justify spending a fortune on a wedding dress so I decided not to. I had a style in mind and found one in Monsoon I loved and had it altered a little bit (I had to have a dress fitting), it was very similar to one I had tried on in a bridal shop which cost £1000 and to me was perfect. I don't let it bug me too much but I find myself looking at other people's dresses and wishing mine was more grand *sighs*. Occasionally I will have a look at my dress hanging in the wardrobe and my love of it will be renewed.

2. I wouldn't be so stupid as to mark my dress before I even leave the house. I applied some lipgloss and made a quick dash to the loo and as I was readjusting my underwear I flipped the dress quickly only for it to fly up and stick on my lips! That just opened the flood gates and I thought my dress was ruined. In the end you could barely see it and I forgot as soon as I got out of the car, as you know too much else to worry about.

3. I would change my hair, in some shots it still really annoys me! I would have a side chignon of sorts now but then that's now. I realise whatever I had I probably would 'go off'.

4. I wouldn't bother buying the delightfully sexy Trinny and Susannah support knickers that I did (I know not pretty but the bra was!). On the day they were pretty uncomfortable and where they once worked a few weeks prior to the wedding they did absolutely nothing to hide my pregnant BLOAT on the day (another reason why the dress failed me).

5. Lastly although we have some great photo's, I would change the photographer. I spent an awful lot of time researching someone who would photograph the day in the reportage style I wanted. He did that but mainly of randoms at the wedding, didn't take enough of family and then went bankrupt so we never got our wedding album. Worry not the weasel man gave us a DVD of all the shots but we did pay extra for that album, grrr. Thank goodness for Photobox!




So pop over and see what aspects everyone else would change!


Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. So much I would change about mine...but not the peeps that were there. I'd make sure that I'd chosen BH's outfits...his were a bad choice! Never let a man do womans work! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a bastarding photographer!

    I'm hoping that when I get married (eventually, it'll happen), the people photographing won't go bankrupt...seeing as one is an uncle and the other is a good friend.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor you with the photographer, love the list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list I am going to have to do mine too. Thank goodness for photobox!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank goodness you salvaged the photo situation!! Great list x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm amazed I didn't get anything on my dress I'm so clumsy, but I think that was the only thing that didn't go wrong lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the dress stuck to lips would have been a good look ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear lol. I am loving all these wedding lists. It's amazing how many things seem to go wrong at weddings. I am sure your dress was lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh photgraphy was really one of mine but it was a paid for gift so I have to be careful not to offend! You look gorgeous, although I can only see the back of you! Love the veil! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yup, I'd change my hair. Yours looks great though, as does the dress. And call me a bit sad, but I really can't wait to see what Kate wears. Wonder what she'll look back on with regret about the big day?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't believe the photographer. Eek at least you got the shots though, can you imagine if you hadn't? You look gorgeous in the photo x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Our photographer was pretty new to the job and with some shots you could tell - just not quite pro enough, but ok, but then seeing him at his "proper job" in tesco stacking shelves knocked my confidence in him some - which is a bit unfair of me probably!

    ReplyDelete